Advocate for Zero Waste
Toronto's new Long Term Waste Strategy was passed in July 2016. Thanks to the many Torontonians who spoke up, this strategy focuses on zero waste, instead of simply building another landfill.
But, our work isn't done, and we need to keep the momentum and support for zero waste high. TEA will be watching closely to be sure that the Long Term Waste Strategy is implemented quickly and that it truly does set us on a path to zero waste.
If you want to help build a zero waste Toronto, sign up for updates from TEA on the following:
- Updates and summary of what the Long Term Waste Strategy says and what it means for Toronto communities
- Events and opportunities to share your ideas with TEA
- Updates on the City budget (and cuts that may slow theundermine zero waste)
- Alerts on City consultation and information events
- How you can advocate for a zero waste vision
Read TEA's thoughts on the Long Term Waste Strategy here.