In June, TEA launched the Coming Clean, Going Green project to find out which chemicals local cleaners are using and encourage the switch to toxic-free options. For this project, we created an educational Scorecard to increase consumer demand for environmentally-friendly alternatives to dry cleaning. While we’ve been thrilled by the response so far, we need the help of volunteers to ramp up this project.
Join us for a special Coming Clean, Going Green volunteer training on Thursday, August 6th!
At this training, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn why we started this campaign and the history of our work to ensure communities have the right to know which chemicals of concern are in their neighborhoods.
- Learn more about the science behind the Scorecard.
- Share ideas and help TEA brainstorm creative ways to engage people in Toronto in this project.
- Sign up for volunteer tasks, including taking the Scorecard to cleaners in your neighbourhood, attending events and more. You’ll also be able to learn about other opportunities to get involved with TEA.
- Make your own TEA-shirt! Bring in a light-coloured shirt of your choice (new or used) and we'll show you how to silkscreen our TEA logo onto it! (Participation in this activity is optional).
Coming Clean, Going Green Training:
7:00 - 8:30 pm
Space is limited. Please RSVP below!
Contact Jolene at firstname.lastname@example.org with any accessibility concerns. Unfortunately, our office is not wheelchair accessible. If needed, we will do our best to make alternate arrangements.
30 Duncan St
Toronto, ON M5V 2C3
Google map and directions