The Toronto Environmental Alliance is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator for 12 months to cover a maternity leave.
Who We Are:
TEA was founded in 1988. Our mandate is to promote a greener Toronto for all. We work withconcerned individuals and grassroots organizations, professionals and workers, as well as elected officials, encouraging the participation of local people on local issues. TEA envisions Toronto as a green, healthy and equitable city with economic activity that sustains our
TEA is recognized locally and nationally for our municipal work on climate change, waste reduction, toxics reduction, transit, Greenbelt protection, energy efficiency and green power -- issues we believe are critical to the health and well-being of Toronto residents. Our collaborations with the community (eg. community groups, local labour groups, small businesses, anti-poverty groups) are cherished and key to our past and future successes.
We are a not-for-profit organization that is not a charity. This ensures there are no legal restrictions to our advocacy work faced by charities subject to federal tax laws. We are fiercely non-partisan and work closely with any decision-maker who wants to build a greener city for all.
You will help us maintain our relationships with our 50,000 donors, supporters, and volunteers. You will work closely with office support volunteers, the Development Manager (responsible for the in-house door canvass) and the Development Director to update and maintain donor contact information in our database. You will also play a key role in communications by responding to donor inquiries by phone and email.
• Updating and maintaining donor information in the database
• Supervising and training volunteers entering new donor information into our database
• Ensuring database hygiene
• Updating donor tracking sheets for use by the Development Manager and
• Generating database reports, as required
• Working with the Development Manager to ensure appropriate donor information is
available for the in-house door canvass team
• Answering donor inquiries by phone and email
• Working with Development Director to maximize donor retention
• Working with the Development Director to organize other fundraising activities,
• University or college graduate or equivalent experience
• Two years or more of relevant work experience
• Excellent communications skills
• Experience in dealing with the public
• Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, database programs and CRMs (eg.
• Interest in, and understanding of environmental, diversity and equity issues
• Experience with volunteer management and coordination
• Energetic and innovative
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Fluency in a second language would be an asset
• Proven team player
Terms of employment:
This is a 12-month full-time contract position to cover a maternity leave. The salary is $38,541 for a 37.5 hour work week.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume by Friday, July 20, 2018 to the attention of Franz Hartmann, Executive Director at email@example.com. Please state in the email subject line: Development Coordinator.
The Toronto Environmental Alliance (TEA) is committed to employment equity and creating a workplace that represents the diversity of Toronto. TEA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages members of equity-seeking groups to apply. Women, people of colour, people with disabilities, those who identify as LGBTQ2S and those who identify as Aboriginal are encouraged to apply for this position and self-identify. Unfortunately, the TEA office is not wheelchair accessible. However, TEA will make accommodations during the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with Dis/abilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.