Do you want to inspire change at the local level?
The Toronto Environmental Alliance (TEA) has exciting opportunities for environmentally minded, articulate and passionate individuals to join our telephone canvass team.
Since 1988, the TEA has campaigned locally to find solutions to Toronto's urban environmental problems. A not-for-profit organization, TEA advocates on behalf of all Torontonians for a green, healthy and equitable city. We rely on our members to help us work with communities and we act as an environmental watchdog at City Hall.
Highlights of being a TEA telephone canvasser:
- Educating our supporters about our current campaigns
- Working with a progressive and diverse team of individuals
- Developing your communication and fundraising skills
- Learning about TEA’s current initiatives and important environmental issues affecting the City of Toronto through briefings with campaigners and guest speakers
Ideal candidate would have:
- Fundraising and call experience
- Familiarity with Database / CRM
- Work or volunteer experience within the not-for-profit world
Hours and Remuneration:
The working hours are from 2:00pm - 8:30pm Monday to Friday. Canvassers are required to work a minimum of three shifts per week. Starting training pay is $11.40/hour. After the initial training period, the wage is $13/hour with the opportunity to go up to $21/hour based on fundraising performance.
Full-time employees who pass the probationary period are eligible for vacation time and health benefits. The job offers room for advancement.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume explaining why you think you would be a good fit for the job to:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting on torontoenvironment.org.