The Toronto Environmental Alliance (TEA) has exciting opportunities for environmentally-minded, well-spoken and passionate individuals to join our front-line engagement team.
For more than 30 years, TEA has campaigned locally to find solutions to Toronto’s urban environmental problems. We advocate on behalf of all Torontonians for a green, healthy and equitable city and act as an environmental watchdog at City Hall.
At TEA, you will find an opportunity to work in a non-profit setting with a great staff culture while gaining valuable skills and building your knowledge of local environmental issues and solutions. TEA will train you on best practices around communication, public engagement, and fundraising. You will be raising funds for TEA’s critical work, and galvanizing supporters across the city to engage with environmental solutions in Toronto!
As a Frontline Campaigner for TEA, you will know you are making a difference. If you are passionate about the environment, hardworking, and looking to develop your communications skills while learning about environmental issues in Toronto, this is the job for you!
- Phoning and door-to-door canvassing of potential and existing TEA supporters
- Speaking in an engaging and informational way about our work, aimed at gaining support for our organization
- Be a part of a supportive, passionate team of environmental advocates
- Learn about how civic engagement and advocacy works at the municipal level
- Ongoing training, coaching and support from a team of like-minded co-workers
Hours and Compensation
- Both full time and part time available
- Minimum part-time commitment is 3 weekdays per week (2PM - 8:30PM) - you pick the days!
- Remuneration is based on an hourly wage starting at $17.00/hr with the potential to progress up to $22.00/hr.
Phoning presently requires employees to work remotely using a personal computer connected to high-speed internet. Canvassing requires employees to walk from house to house, ascending and descending stairs, outdoors and in all types of weather, for several hours at a time.
Proof of vaccination is a condition of employment in accordance with TEA's legal obligations to ensure the health and safety of employees. This condition is subject to our duty to accommodate under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Ready to change the world, starting with your community? APPLY by sending a resume and cover letter to the ATTN of our Development Manager, Liz Glor-Bell at [email protected] Please include “Door Canvass Application - (Where you read this ad)” in your subject line. No phone calls please.
TEA is committed to employment equity and encourages members of equity-deserving groups to apply. Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQ2S, and women, are encouraged to apply for this position and self-identify.
Interviews will be conducted over Zoom. TEA is committed to providing accommodation for applicants at any stage of the recruitment process upon request by emailing [email protected] or by specifying required accommodations in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow Us! @TOenviro