Councillor Budget Townhalls are a great way to hear from your local City Councilllor and to ask questions. From now until mid-February, there will be 14 Councillors organizing 12 budget townhalls around Toronto.
The list below is from our friends at Social Planning Toronto.
Councillors & Dates
- Tuesday, January 19 – Councillor James Pasternak, Ward 10 is holding a community meeting. The City budget will be on the agenda. Antibes Community Centre, 140 Antibes Drive from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Thursday, January 21 – Councillor Pam McConnell, Ward 28 budget townhall at St. Lawrence Hall, 157 King Street West, 3rd floor from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Monday, January 25 – Councillor Mike Layton, Ward 19 & Councillor Joe Cressy, Ward 20 budget townhall at Centre for Social Innovation, 720 Bathurst Street, ground level in room called “The Garage” from 7-9 pm
- Wednesday, January 27 – Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam, Ward 27 budget townhall at YMCA, 20 Grosvenor Street, 2nd floor auditorium from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Thursday, January 28 – Councillor Jim Karygiannis, Ward 39 budget townhall at Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 3840 Finch Avenue East, lower level of church hall from 7-9 pm
- Saturday, January 30 – Councillor Ana Bailão, Ward 18 budget townhall at Bloor/Gladstone Library, 1101 Bloor Street West from 2-4 pm
- Monday, February 1 - Councillor Jon Burnside, Ward 26 budget townhall at Leaside Memorial Gardens, William Lee Room, 1073 Millwood Road from 7-9 pm
- Wednesday, February 10 - Councillor Sarah Doucette, Ward 13 & Councillor Gord Perks, Ward 14 budget townhall at Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton School, 1515 Bloor St. West at Dundas, 3rd floor Staff Room from 7-9 pm
- Wednesday, February 10 - Councillor Christin Carmichael Grebs, Ward 16 budget townhall at North Toronto Memorial Community Centre, 200 Eglinton Ave W, Multipurpose Room (A) from 7-9 pm
- Thursday, February 11 – Councillor Joe Mihevc, Ward 21 budget townhall at Holy Blossom Temple, 1950 Bathurst Street, 2nd floor auditorium from 7-9 pm
- Thursday, February 11 – Councillor Josh Matlow, Ward 22 budget townhall at 7 pm – Save the date! Location details to be confirmed.
- Thursday, February 11 – Councillor Shelley Carroll, Ward 33 budget townhall at Fairview Library, 35 Fairview Mall Drive, Sheppard and Don Mills at 6:30 pm
For more information, call or email your local councillor. You can also read TEA's article on the 4 ways the 2016 budget fails the environment.