The Toronto Environmental Alliance is currently seeking new Board members to join its Board of Directors. The position is voluntary and unpaid.
For over 30 years, the Toronto Environmental Alliance has campaigned locally to find solutions to Toronto's urban environmental problems. As a not-for-profit organization, we advocate on behalf of all Torontonians for a green, healthy and equitable city. We rely on our supporters to help us work with communities and we act as an environmental watchdog at City Hall.
Board members are expected to:
- Attend approximately ten Board meetings - Board Members are expected to read documents distributed ahead of meetings and come prepared to discuss the documents
- Participate in sub-committees of the Board as needed
- Represent and advocate for TEA at internal and external events
- Supervise and support the Executive Director
- Participate in and support aspects of the organization appropriate to your abilities
- Commit to a one year term
- Live in or close to Toronto
Members of the board share these responsibilities. More specific tasks are taken on by the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Experience working or volunteering within the non-profit sector
- Commitment to social justice and anti-oppression
- Familiarity with and commitment to the work of TEA
- Experience with human resource management, strategic planning, or fundraising an asset.
If you are interested in joining TEA’s Board of Directors please send a letter and resume to email@example.com by Wednesday, January 16, 2019.