The Toronto Environmental Alliance (TEA) has exciting opportunities for environmentally-minded, well-spoken and passionate individuals to join our front-line engagement team.
Face-to-face conversations are the cornerstone of effective community organizing and engagement. Our door-to-door canvass campaigners work hard to communicate TEA’s work and raise crucial funds for our organization. Monthly and one-time donations are the lifeblood of the nonprofit sector. Without it, we cannot speak openly, freely and passionately at city hall for our community.
Really care about social and environmental organizations and want to work directly for one? This is the place!
- Craft highly personal, educational and motivating pitches to the public
- Speak in an engaging and informational way about our work
- Speak to potential donors and supporters outdoors and on your feet
- Liaise with our campaigns team for up-to-the-minute updates on our work
- Take the concerns of the public back to campaigns so that we can serve our community more effectively
Hours and Benefits
- Both fulltime and part time available
- Minimum part time is 3 days a week- you pick the days!
- We believe in ethical fundraising- no commissions and guaranteed hourly wages! (yay!)
- Hired wage starts at $14/hr and goes up to $21/hr
- Explore Toronto in a whole new way
- Work with some VERY GREAT folks (seriously, they’re great)
We’re looking for potential not experience APPLY by sending a resume and cover letter to the ATTN of our Development Manager, Andy McKinnon (email@example.com). Please include “Door Canvass Application - (Where you read this ad)” in your subject line.
We do group interviews and trainings, because working and laughing alongside like-minded folks is half the fun- right?
Questions? Concerns? Give us a shout at (416) 596-0660 ask for Andy. We’re cool and have voices made for radio.
TEA welcomes all voices into our frontline team. We encourage Indigenous folks, Black folks, people of colour, queer, trans and nonbinary folks, disabled folks and people of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply and self-identify! *Accommodations can be made upon request.
Accessibility notes: Unfortunately, our office is located in the basement of an old building that is not wheelchair accessible. To access our office you need to descend 4 stairs to the lower floor. The door canvass requires walking from house to house, ascending and descending stairs, outdoors and in all types of weather.