In September 2004, TEA issued a Background paper on the environmental and air quality impacts of burning tires, and the alternatives.
The report was written in response to a proposal that would allow some tires to be burnt instead of recycled in Ontario.
The report includes the following topics:
- Ontario’s Waste Diversion Act
- Financial Incentives in Proposed Scrap Tire Diversion Program
- Air Quality Impacts of Burning Tires
- Environmental Impacts of Tire Production
- Recycling Markets on the Increase for Tires in North America