Want to support the Greenbelt even more? Check out some of the upcoming and annual events.
- Aurora’s Borealis - From December 14, 2015 to February 15, 2016, Aurora Town Park will be hosting Borealis; a festive LED tree display. Visit Town Park every evening from 5-11pm to enjoy the wonderful display. http://www.aurora.ca
- 21st Annual Niagara Icewine Festival - For three weekends in January (15th to the 31st), the Niagara Region is celebrating Ontario Icewine. Enjoy a festival celebrating one of Canada’s most important creations with ice bars, skating, wine tours, and much more. http://www.niagarawinefestival.com
- Winter WineFest - On January 15, 2016 from 6-10pm is the Winter WineFest hosted by Niagara's Twenty Valley. Located in Jordan Ontario, this Winter Wonderland event will get you appreciating icewine and warming up this winter season. http://www.20valley.ca/site/winter-winefest
- A One Day Adventure - Join Toronto Adventures as they host day trips for various winter activities. Dogsledding, archery, and snowshoeing, many adventures for the whole family. http://www.torontoadventures.ca/adventure-bus-day-trips
- Cross-Country Skiing in the Greenbelt - Do some cross-country skiing on the Kortright Trail (9550 Pine Valley Drive) located in Vaughan. For only $6.50/adult, you can enjoy the lovely 15km trail and take in the winter surroundings. http://www.ontariotrails.on.ca/trails/view/kortright-centre-trail
- Take a Stroll or a Hike - Enjoy the brisk temperatures but don’t forget to bundle up if you plan on taking a self-guided stroll or hiking adventure with the Greenbelt Walks (http://www.greenbelt.ca/walks) guides.
Check out more great upcoming events here! http://www.greenbelt.ca/events