On October 19th, the Province released a draft plan to overhaul the Blue Box and recycling system in Ontario. The draft plan is open for public comment until December 2nd.
Join our waste campaigner Emily Alfred for an online conversation to discuss our concerns and what these regulations mean for the environment.
In this one hour session, Emily will discuss:
- How recycling works in Ontario (and why it needs to change)
- Why holding producers responsible for their packaging is a good idea - if it’s done right
- Where the Province’s draft regulations are going wrong, and what this means for the environment and for municipalities
- What environmental organizations want to see in the new Blue Box program
- How you can make your concerns heard and push for better regulations
There will also be time for a short Q & A!
Register using the form below.